Call for Birds-of-a-Feather Sessions
Birds-of-a-Feather sessions are very informal gatherings of persons interested in a particular topic. The IEEE Quantum Week 2020 program will feature scheduled Birds-of-Feather (Bof) Sessions addressing timely topics of interest on Quantum Computing and Engineering. BoF sessions are 30-45 minutes long and are scheduled between the main 90-minutes conference sessions.
Scope and Goal
IEEE Quantum Week 2020 will host Birds-of-a-Feather (BoF) sessions to offer IEEE Quantum Week attendees networking opportunities to discuss timely topics of interest in the realm of quantum computing and engineering. BoFs are agile, non-commercial venues to form interest groups, outline new initiatives, discuss a timely quantum topic, or simply get people together in a Zoom room with common quantum interests.
BoF Proposal Evaluation Criteria
BoF proposals are accepted according to the following evaluation criteria:
- The potential of the BoF to stimulate discussion on quantum computing and engineering research and practice;
- Expected interest in the BoF’s topic among people in the quantum computing and engineering communities — creating excitement and drawing an audience
- Balance and synergy of the panel with respect to other IEEE Quantum Week 2020 events
- Abstract of the proposal should be clear, complete, and articulate and ready for publication on the IEEE Quantum Week 2020 website
Important BoF Proposal Submission Requirements
- A BoF proposal is only considered if the authors are registered for virtual IEEE Quantum Week Oct 12-16, 2020.
- Also please note, IEEE Quantum Week 2020 cannot guarantee to honor specific requests for holding the BoF on a specific date and time.
BoF Proposal Submission Format
Each BoF proposal must include the following sections, in the order specified below:
- BoF title
- BoF abstract — less than 100 words — for the IEEE Quantum Week 2020 website
- BoF authors — Contact information for the BoF organizers — indicate the main contact
- BoF motivation and objectives — how will the virtual audience benefit
BoF Proposal Submission Deadlines
- BoF submission deadline:Sep 28, 2020 — via QCE20 EasyChair — Note the authors must be registered for QCE20 for the proposal to be considered.
- BoF acceptance notification: Oct 1, 2020
For any inquiries or questions about Birds-of-Feather Sessions, please contact QCE20 General Chair Hausi Muller.